wasteland

wasteland

Thursday, October 7, 2010

My hiding place

I really like Santiago, most people say it's too noisy, but I enjoy living here. Maybe because I don't really live inside the city, my house is surrounded by hills and there's always some horse poop nearby.

Until I was 16 (nearly 17) I never really get out, inside Santiago but after I came back from New Zealand I realize that I want to hang out in the center of the city just like I use to do back in Christchurch, so I start getting out of my bubble, my friends and I discover some really nice places near Santa Lucia, and then walking around we found the Mosqueto Coffee and inmediately become one of our favorites, we use to go almost every week.

We also went a lot to Providencia, and get lost inside those small galleries watching ancient books. While I was in my last year of school I use to be in Barrio Brazil cuz my preu was there, I love that place! It reminds my childhood when my grandpa' and I went to Plaza Brazil and play all day long, now I go with my friends to Cafe Pucon, a coffee place that is across the street.

It's impossible to name all the places where I've been, but there's a very special place that I found with my best friend walking around, New Zealand square is my hiding place, it's so small and so beautiful, maybe it isn't as beautiful as I think but is special to me, cuz it is like being in my favorite country again. I can't explain where is it, cuz I don't know I just go to Los Leones and start walking until I get lost again and found it.

I would definitely recommend foreigns to go walking aroud the city, is the best way to found awesome places... but don't go alone it can be a dangerous city.

Xoxo!

Fefi

No comments:

Post a Comment