wasteland

wasteland

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Freedom

This time I’m free to express whatever I want! So I will tell you about one of my most precious possessions.

One of my most precious possessions is a very beautiful -and awesome - Gold made ring with a small green semi precious stone which my grandparents (from my mum side) gave me after I finished school. Weeks – perhaps a month- before that, I went with them to a jeweler to choose the ring, I like it, because it reminds me of my grandma.

The ring is like an old design but still fashion and cool, like my grandma, she could be like 100 years old but she’ll still be top & fresh, wanting to go shopping and worried about doing her nails and hair.
It is very important for me, because, since as I am conscious, they’ve be telling me that the day I graduated, they would give me this ring as a present, so when they... you know die, I would have something material to remember them, something more than memories. They also gave my mum a ring when she finished school, so now it’s kind of a tradition, they would give one to my cousin and to my sister when is the time
Maybe it’s silly to think that a ring can be so important, but it isn’t the ring itself, is what it means.
All my grandparents still alive, so for know I might say that they are one of my most precious possession, but when they leave, this ring, I know it won’t take their place, but it will remind me every conversation, story and moment that we share. It will remind me the times we spend in the beach, or the barbeques at my grandpa’s house, everything I share with my cousins, the games, the laughing and the nonsense stuff.

Xoxo!

Fefi

No comments:

Post a Comment